do you have to let cps in your house

Do You Have to Let CPS in Your House? What You Need To Know

To consult with a Tucson child protective services lawyer, call us at 520-327-1409

When the DCS or CPS comes to remove your child from your home, it can be a scary experience for you and your child. Many people are unsure of what to do when CPS arrives. But do you have to let CPS in your house?

Randle Palmer & Associates PLLC are knowledgeable about family law and can represent you in a CPS case. With decades of experience, our lawyers have a family-first mentality that can facilitate finding the appropriate solution for your child. 

Here are some things you must know about dealing with child protective services. 

Have a Friendly Demeanor

CPS removing your child from your house can be a traumatic experience for everyone involved. As hard as it may be, you are better off handling the situation with class. 

When you are hostile with a child services agent, it can hinder your case in court. Also, you should share as little information as possible with these social workers. They can use anything you say against you in a court of law. 

Make Sure They Have a Warrant

So, do you have to let CPS in your house? One thing you should ask is if the CPS caseworker has a warrant to enter your home. If they do not, they cannot legally come into your home and take your child. 

A CPS worker may lie about having a warrant so you open the door. Always ask to see a court order from the social worker before opening your door. 

Document Everything 

Just like CPS workers can use everything you say against you in court, so can you. Make sure you are diligent and observant when talking with the child services agent. 

When a social worker interviews your child, they are legally required to record the conversation. It is ideal to have a backup of this recording on your phone or recording device. Our lawyers can dissect the tape for any abnormalities in the CPS investigation process. 

The Aftermath 

If a CPS worker decides to take your children after they enter your home, you must contact a friend or family member who can take your child in the meantime. If you do not have an emergency contact, your child will go to a certified foster home. 

Once CPS takes your child, you should call our attorneys immediately. We can start working on your case, giving you hope that you can regain custody of your child. 

Schedule a Consultation 

We hope we provided an answer to your question, “do you have to let CPS in your house?”

Randle Palmer & Associates PLLC is a family law firm servicing the Tucson, AZ, community. With years of experience, our attorneys fight on behalf of their clients against CPS. 

Our three founding members are all from the Tucson area. We have a love and respect for the local community. Our team devotes time to defending our clients against abuse or neglect allegations. 

If you want to schedule a consultation with our family lawyers, call Randle Palmer & Associates PLLC at 520-327-1409. We can help you learn more about child custody protection services.

Randle Palmer & Associates
Randle Palmer and Bernays Logo

Copyright © -
Website by CS Design Studios

Privacy Policy

Twitter Logo Facebook Logo Instagram Logo

The information contained in the Randle Palmer & Associates website is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as tax or legal advice on any subject matter. Randle Palmer & Associates provides legal advice and other services only to persons or entities with which it has established a formal attorney-client relationship.